In the 100 days since Obama became “king of America,” and in the 114 days since Wisconsin’s new legislature took over,
- Chrysler is on the verge of declaring “restructuring bankruptcy.”
- Record numbers of people have lost their jobs.
- The national debt is increasing at an alarming rate.
- Suicide rates are up.
- A radical abortion proponent now heads the Department of Health and Human Services.
- The House just passed the Hate Crimes bill.
And that’s just at the national level and the ones that come readily, very readily, to mind.
And here in Wisconsin
- Governor Doyle has proposed a budget with a 10.7% spending increase over the next two years.
- The legislature passed a “budget fix” in record time with no public input and very little debate–but managed to increase fees and taxes.
- The UW-affiliated Madison Surgery Center (MSC) is proceeding with plans to do late second-trimester abortions–in spite of incredible pro-life efforts.
- The State Senate just reappointed to the UW Hospital and Clinics Authority Board two of the people who are responsible for the MSC decision.
- The Senate passed a so-called “employment discrimination” bill (SB 20) that will likely keep businesses out of WI and could financially damage Christian ministries that have over 15 employees.
- The governor wants a marriage-like statewide same-sex domestic partnership registry implemented, and he wants to give those who register some 40-50 benefits that have up to now been reserved for married couples.
Good grief! Just writing about this is depressing. All of this in less than 120 days–and this is just the tip of the iceberg. How much more of this “change” can America and Wisconsin take?
Here’s a great 7-minute video put out by our good friends at Family Research Council on both social and fiscal “change” we’ve seen since January 20, 2009. May these “changes” be the impetus we need to reverse the change! WFC is committed to that end. (I love the video subtitle: “Change you can bereave in”!!)