From the desk of Julaine Appling, Wisconsin Family Action president:
“This is the real war on women. “Ella” has serious health risks for young girls. This decision by the FDA denigrates women by sending the wrong message, especially to young girls, about their true value and the gift of sexuality. Furthermore, it undermines parental authority and knowlege. “
- Julaine Appling, WFA president
Yesterday the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Ella, a drug that can cause abortions but is misleadingly labeled as a more effective “Emergency Contraceptive,” as an over-the-counter product that may be obtained by children as young as 15.
From our affiliates at Family Research Council:
“The FDA opted against including the critical fact that Ella can cause an abortion on a baby already implanted in its mother’s womb in the drug labeling information. This decision flies in the face of the Obama Administration’s promise to transparency and a commitment to science. The difference between preventing and destroying life is enormous, and women have the right to know how this drug will act on their bodies and on their babies.
“Since Ella is chemically similar to RU-486 (which has been the cause of at least six deaths reported to the FDA in less than six years) it is likely that the serious health concerns for women will be similar. The FDA has very little knowledge about how this drug will impact women’s health and for that reason alone should do more research before approval.”
SAFE, HEALTHY, STRONG?
It’s a marriage made in…well, certainly not heaven.
Julaine Appling, president of Wisconsin Family Action states, “It’s not enough that Planned Parenthood has infiltrated Wisconsin’s public schools with an “anything goes” sex ed curriculum, now they want to dabble in homosexual activism and indoctrination, and our very own Wisconsin Dept. of Instruction is shamelessly getting on board with them. The implementation of homosexual curricula would promote the loss of parental control over the very issues that should be taught and openly discussed in the home environment.”
This sticker appeared on almost every single classroom door at Hayward High School the day before, and the day of, the homosexual event “Day of Silence.” The sticker even touts the school’s mascot signature “Hurricanes” superimposed over a rainbow – the official LGBT symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender pride. This activity at Hayward High School (District office: 715-638-9001) supports what we have been saying all along – the Day of Silence, GLSEN and any other pro-homosexual activity is about normalization and acceptance, not about the serious health consequences of homosexual activity.
This kind of support and promotion of LGBT activities among our youth in the public school systems across the state (and our nation) is not exclusive to Hayward. As GLSEN (Gay/Lesbian/Straight Educational Network) infiltrates our schools with their nefarious message of tolerance and acceptance, not safety, through their Gay/Straight Alliance clubs (GSA’s), you can be sure there is a high probability it is at the high school, middle school, and even elementary school in your own backyard.
Be wise. Go to your local school district website and investigate; see if you have a GSA club in your school district (sometimes listed as a “co-curricular” club). Who is funding it? Is it YOU, the taxpayer? Call your local superintendent, school board members, and/or director of curriculum and instruction. Voice your opinion as a taxpayer, parent, community member. Share this information with friends and family. Above all, talk with your children who are being exposed to the tactics of this organization.
“School choice in Wisconsin is pretty robust…. Now is the time for you to weigh in on this.”
-Julaine Appling, WFC president
Listen to Wisconsin Family Council’s radio show “Home Front” with WFC president Julaine Appling as she discusses the 2013-2014 state budget, particularly the school choice proposals in the budget.>>>>>Listen to podcast HERE.
There are three ways you can weigh in on school choice:
- Wisconsin Family Action has made it EASY for you to contact your state senator regarding school choice, and it’s FREE. Click HERE and fill in the blanks! We’ll take care of the rest! OR
- Go online www.legis.wisconsin.gov - Click on “WHO REPRESENTS ME?” to locate your legislator and their contact information. Make your own phone call today! OR
- Call the Legislative hotline at 800-362-9572. This will put you in contact with someone who can give you the name of your state senator and state representative; call them both!
“It’s your money, and maybe it’s your children that are involved.” – Julaine Appling
“He encouraged those gathered to continue fighting for abortion rights. ‘You’ve also got a president who is going to be right there with you, fighting every step of the way,’ Obama said.”
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AMERICAN HISTORY a sitting U.S. president spoke before a Planned Parenthood group, vowing to be a comrade-in-arms, praising them for their “services” to women. He referred to pro-life policies with words that mocked traditional values and insinuated an “old-fashioned” mindset. Time and again, the President referred to the killing of innocent unborn babies as a woman’s “right.”
Wisconsin Family Action vehemently opposes the President’s statements at today’s Planned Parenthood event, and works unrelentingly to strengthen, defend and preserve marriage, family, life and liberty in the state of Wisconsin. We are currently working with legislators on pro-life initiatives, including the Personhood Amendment, which will protect life for ALL Americans, born and unborn.
It’s time to let our elected officials know we believe in choice–school choice, that is!
Governor Walker’s 2013-2014 budget includes some encouraging expansion of school choice in Wisconsin, particularly in the Parental Choice Program or the “voucher program.”
Governor Walker recommends extending to low-income and working-class parents in eligible school districts the same private school option for their children that parents in Milwaukee and Racine currently enjoy. The eligible families must live in school districts containing at least 4,000 enrolled students and 2 underperforming (‘D’ or ‘F’) schools (currently Beloit, Fond du Lac, Green Bay, Kenosha, Madison, Sheboygan, Superior, Waukesha, and West Allis-West Milwaukee). The expansion is capped at 500 students statewide in 2013-14 and 1,000 students in 2014-15.
Wisconsin Family Action supports this proposal.
- Parents are responsible for the education of their children. Having good choices of partners to choose from to help them with this critical responsibility is important. The expansion of this school choice program opens up additional options for many parents.
- Taxpayers get a better deal. The cost per pupil for students in the voucher program is currently a maximum of $6,442. The average per-pupil cost in Wisconsin’s public schools is over $11,000. Even with the Governor’s proposed increase in 2014-2015 for students in the voucher program ($7,050 K-8 and $7,856 9-12; vouchers have not increased for several years), taxpayers are saving money.
- Communities are also getting better prepared young people. Research on Milwaukee’s Parental Choice Program shows better graduation rates among students who have been in the Choice Program and also has had a positive impact on Milwaukee Public Schools’ overall academic performance and graduation rates because of the competition choice schools create.
Joint Finance Committee is taking up the budget now in preparation for votes in the Assembly and the Senate. Now is the time to let members of the state senate in particular know you support giving parents more options for the education of their children.
Here are some ways YOU can TAKE ACTION TODAY:
1. Click here to send your state senator an email encouraging him/her to support the Governor’s school choice expansion OR
2. Call your state senator and deliver this simple message: “I urge you to support the Govenor’s school choice expansion plan in the state budget. It’s good for parents and children and for taxpayers–both of which make it very good for Wisconsin.” Click here to find your state senator and his/her contact information.
3. Share this information with family/friends, encouraging them to join you in contacting their state senator on this important matter.
From our affiliates at Family Research Council:
“The Boy Scouts released a resolution that if approved in a few weeks would change the organization’s longstanding policy on open homosexuality. Advocates of cultural change are pressuring the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) to promote homosexuality in Scouting. The outcome of this decision will affect the very future of Scouting, as a shift in the policy would undermine the very principles held by the BSA for over a century.
On Sunday, May 5 at 7:00 p.m. EDT, join us for this special program that will feature Scouting officials, Scout parents, government officials, and Eagle Scouts to analyze the current landscape and provide action steps so that you and your church can stand with the Scouts in both your community and nationally.”
Wisconsin Family Action wishes our friend, Dr. James Dobson, author, psychologist, and founder of Focus on the Family, Family Research Council and “Family Talk”, a happy 77th birthday today! Blessings to Dr. Dobson and we wish him many more!