This week, the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) heard two very important religious liberty cases - Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties v. Sebelius. The Green family, owners of Hobby Lobby, and the Hahn family, owners of Conestoga Wood Specialties, are taking a stand against the HHS mandate, a controversial portion of the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, that forces employers to provide abortion-inducing drugs and contraceptives to their employees against their firmly held religious convictions. Both companies face fines of up to $100 per day per employee if the mandate is upheld.
The SCOTUS decision on these cases is not expected until at least June. Family Research Council provides a summary of the SCOTUS hearings HERE.
This Saturday, March 29, is national “Hobby Lobby Day.” Show your support for the Greene family and others who are courageously taking a stand for religious freedom.
HOW YOU CAN SHOW YOUR SUPPORT:
- Make a purchase from Hobby Lobby on Saturday, March 29 (on-line or in the store). go shopping with friends! Say “thank you” with a card from your family; make your own, or download and print one HERE.
- Change your Facebook profile picture to show your support. Get your “twibbon” HERE.
- Do you have a Twitter account? Tweet your support using hashtags #HobbyLobbyDay starting now and throughout the day on March 29th!
- Update your Facebook cover using the graphic HERE.
- Pray for a positive outcome from the SCOTUS decision for these companies, and for religious liberty in the United States.